The Archdiocese of Louisville Family Ministries Office is offering a six-session training program to prepare individuals interested in providing pastoral care to the sick. The program will train people to provide pastoral care to the homebound and those in hospitals or nursing homes.
The classes will be from 10 a.m. to noon at the Flaget Center, 1935 Lewiston Drive, on consecutive Mondays starting Oct. 18 and ending Nov. 22. The course will include the following topics:
- Introduction to pastoral care
- Pastoral communication skills
- Understanding loss and grief
- Self-awareness and boundaries
- Taking communion to the sick and homebound
Participants may attend any or all sessions. The cost is $10 per session. For more information or to register, contact Denise Puckett at 636-0296, ext. 1268, or email@example.com.