St. Xavier High School will induct eight graduates into the school’s Alumni Hall of Honors at a banquet on Oct. 25 at the Crowne Plaza Hotel. Those being recognized are:
- Andy Schulten, class of 1987, one of the most successful high school soccer coaches in the state with more than 300 career wins and eight state championships.
- Dr. Ron Herm, class of 1958, a retired engineer with The Aerospace Corp., which focused on national security space programs.
- Gary Ulmer, class of 1975, president and CEO of the Louisville Bats baseball team.
- Chip Heuser, class of 2003, a six-time All American pole vaulter and the Kentucky state record holder.
- Bert Erney, class of 1971, an All-State defensive lineman on the school’s 1969 state championship football team.
- Dr. Tony Vuturo, class of 1958, senior vice president of Canyon Ranch Health Resorts and professor emeritus at the College of Public Health at the University of Arizona.
- Mark Dietz, class of 1998, a two time state champion soccer star who led St. X in scoring in all four of his playing seasons. He was named an All State and All Midwest Region player.
- Jeff Wagner, class of 1995, baseball star and the University of Notre Dame’s all-time home run leader.
The event will begin with cocktails at 6 p.m. followed by the dinner and program at 7 p.m. The cost is $75. Reservations can be made at www.saintx.com/hall or by calling 637-8485.