Scouts honored at annual prayer service
Boy Scouts, Cub Scouts and adult leaders were recognized at the Catholic Committee on Scouting’s 66th annual prayer service and emblem presentation held at the Cathedral of the Assumption on Jan. 22.
Father Jeff Nicolas, former chaplain for the Catholic Committee, was the presider at the service.
The Bronze Pelican Emblem was presented to Sarah Flowers, a member of St. Bernadette Church, for outstanding contributions to the Catholic Committee on Scouting of the Archdiocese of Louisville.
Five adult leaders were presented with the St. George Emblem for outstanding contributions to Catholic scouting.
Recipients were: Steve Crush, St. Martin of Tours Church; Judy Crush, St. Martin of Tours Church; Todd Early, St. Pius X Church; Marci Early, St. Pius X Church; and Mike McKinley, St. Gabriel Church.
The following units were recognized with the National Quality Unit Award Pope Paul VI Recognition:
Crew 243 and Troop 243, St. Barnabas Church; Pack 306 and Troop 306, St. Margaret Mary Church; Pack 308 and Troop 308, St. Bernadette Church; Troop 327, St. Albert the Great Church; Pack 366 and Troop 366, St. Athanasius Church; and Pack 380, St. Patrick Church.
The following scouts were recognized for receiving all four Catholic Religious emblems (Light of Christ, Parvuli Dei, Ad Altare Dei and Pope Pius XII): Jeremy Burch, Sean Graham and Sam Schafer, Troop 327, St. Albert the Great Church.
The Pope Pius XII Emblem was presented to the following scouts: Jeremy Burch, Sean Graham and Sam Schafer, Troop 327, St. Albert the Great Church.
The Ad Altare Dei (to the altar of God) award was presented to the following:
- Troop 8, Hurstbourne Christian Church, St. Patrick: Mason Daly.
- Troop 175, St. Edward Church: Blake Linton, Collin McGlone, Justin Mueninghoff, Patrick Ritter (Church of the Ascension), Benjamin Stewart, Colin Whitesel and Daniel Whitesel.
- Troop 233, United Memorial Methodist, St. James Church, Elizabethtown, Ky.: Brady Crawford, Reilly Crawford, Jacob Dvorjak, Tyler Hall, Michael Kotarski (St. John the Baptist Church), Dylan Mahanna, Grant Malone, Jacob Page, John Page, Michael Quire, Patrick Quire, Mac Stokan and Christopher Wheatley.
- Troop 306, St. Margaret Mary Church: Paul Walko.
- Troop 327, St. Albert the Great Church: Jonathan Hasty, Michael Sandell, Chris Smith and Brent White.
- Troop 346, St. Gabriel Church: John Campbell, Stephen Corbett and Sean Dobson.
Eighty-five Cub Scouts received the Parvuli Dei (Children of God emblem), and 110 Cub Scouts were awarded the Light of Christ award.