The Archdiocese of Louisville’s Office of Worship will offer programs for extraordinary ministers of holy Communion and those who’d like to begin the ministry this fall.
A two-part Communion Minister Formation program for those preparing to enter this ministry will be offered:
- Sept. 12 from 9 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. at St. Augustine Church in Lebanon, Ky.
- Sept. 15 and 22 from 7 p.m. to 9 p.m. at St. Lawrence Church, 1925 Lewiston Drive.
- Nov. 5 and 12 from 7 p.m. to 9 p.m. at St. Gabriel Church, 5505 Bardstown Road.
Those who currently are serving as Communion ministers, but haven’t taken this course, are also welcome.
A Communion Minister Update class, which fulfills the requirement of continuing formation for Communion ministers, will be offered:
- Sept. 10 from 6:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. at St. Dominic Church in Springfield, Ky.
- Oct. 27 from 7 p.m. to 9 p.m. at Holy Family Church, 3926 Poplar Level Road.
- Nov. 10 from 6:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. at St. John the Apostle Church in Brandenburg, Ky.
- Dec. 3 from 7 p.m. to 9 p.m. at St. Bernadette Church in Prospect, Ky.
There is no fee — the cost of the programs is covered by Catholic Services Appeal funds. Registration is required. Register online at www.archlou.org (click on Worship Office), by email at firstname.lastname@example.org, by phone at 636-0296, ext. 1260, or by mail at Office of Worship, 1200 S. Shelby St., Louisville, Ky., 40203.