Ten St. Xavier High School graduates were inducted into the Alumni Hall of Honors during a ceremony at the Louisville Marriott East Hotel on Oct. 19. Three of them were inducted posthumously.
The alumni, who were recognized “for their professional, personal or athletic achievements,” according to the school, are:
- Keefer Barnum, a graduate of the class of 2017, was a high school and collegiate All-American swimmer.
- Paul Burke, class of 1995, was a collegiate All-American and Major League Baseball draftee.
- Dan Cerwinske, class of 1998, is an All-State soccer athlete and two-time state champion.
- Chip Cummins, class of 1988, is a decorated Naval officer and Pulitzer Prize-winning journalist.
- Dr. Greg Gleis, class of 1970, is a football state champion and orthopedic surgeon.
- Terry Meiners, class of 1975, is an award-winning radio and television personality.
- Charlie Thiemann, class of 1955, is a bank president and Habitat for Humanity International board officer.
The following alumni were inducted posthumously:
- Dr. Perry Sangalli, class of 1976, was an educator who served at St. X for 38 years, first as a teacher, then as principal and later as president from 2001 until his death in 2019.
- Ira Glass, a graduate of the class of 1966, was a multisport athlete at St. Xavier and a collegiate football star.
- Major Alan Mateja, class of 1963, was a decorated fighter pilot who has been missing in action since 1972.