The former St. Helen School building at the corner of Dixie Highway and Crums Lane, will be razed next month. Former students, teachers, parents and friends of the school are invited to a walk through Aug. 10.
The school closed in 2004 to merge with St. Denis and St. Lawrence schools to form Notre Dame Academy on the grounds of St. Lawrence Church, 1927 Lewiston Drive.
The school will be open for the final walk through following the 11 a.m. Mass at Mary Queen of Peace Church, 4005 Dixie Highway. A Facebook group called “St. Helen Memories” has been created for those affiliated with the school.