Sister McGinty, a native of Columbus, Ohio, professed perpetual vows as a Sister of Mercy in 1954. She taught primary grades at several schools in Cincinnati and at St. Athanasius School in Louisville.
Sister McGinty was trained in the Montessori philosophy and methods and in 1966 opened Mercy Montessori School on Tyler Lane. She served as a teacher and director of the school for 40 years until it closed in 2006.
In 2006, she retired and began volunteering at Assumption High School, primarily in the development office.
Earlier this year, she moved to the Mercy Convent in Nashville, when the St. Catherine Convent on Tyler Lane closed.
Survivors include her nieces and nephews and members of the Mercy community.
The Mass of Christian Burial was celebrated July 23 at St. Raphael Church and burial was in Calvary Cemetery.
Memorial gifts may be made to Sisters of Mercy Mission Advancement, 101 Mercy Drive, Belmont, N.C., 28012.