Father Frank J. Eimer, a retired priest of the Archdiocese of Louisville, died early in the morning on Dec. 12, the feast of Our Lady of Guadalupe. He was 81 and had been a priest for 55 years.
Father Eimer is a native of Louisville who attended Our Mother of Sorrows School and St. Xavier High School. He served in education and as a pastor of several local parishes.
After his ordination to the priesthood, June 29, 1958, Father Eimer taught at Trinity High School until 1966. He also served at Boys Haven from 1965 to 1966. Following these assignments, he served for a decade as the associate director and then the director of the archdiocesan Office of Religious Education from 1966 to 1976.
He was assigned as pastor of Holy Trinity Church from 1976 to 1983. In 1983, he was the founding pastor of the now-closed Transfiguration of Our Lord Church. He was assigned pastor of St. Edward Church in 1993 and retired in 2002.
Father Eimer also served as associate pastor and administrator of several parishes, including the old St. John Church in Louisville, Christ the King Church and St. Joseph Church in Louisville.
He is survived by his brothers Bob and Jim Eimer and several nieces and nephews.
Visitation will be at Ratterman Family Funeral Home, 3800 Bardstown Road, on Friday, Dec. 13, from 3 p.m. to 8 p.m. and on Saturday from 10:30 a.m. to noon at St. Edward.
Those who wish to concelebrate the liturgy may contact Clare Vize at 471-2260 or firstname.lastname@example.org.