Eighty 2013 graduates of high schools in the Archdiocese of Louisville have been named Senator Jeff Green Scholars by the Kentucky Higher Education Assistance Authority (KHEAA) for oustanding academic performance.
Students earn this designation by achieving a 4.0 grade point average each year of high school and scoring at least a 28 composite on the ACT, a news release from KHEAA said.
These students also have earned $2,500 a year in Kentucky Educational Excellence Scholarship (KEES) awards, the release said.
The scholarship title honors the late state Sen. Jeff Green of Mayfield, who served in the Kentucky General Assembly from 1992 to 1997.
The students who have earned this designation are:
- Assumption High School — Kaitlyn Baird, Melanie Bayens, Tess Bettler, Olivia Boughey, Stephanie Campbell, Anne Deatrick, McKenzie Dirr, Grace Edwards, Haley Ellis, Mary Fischer, Ellie Gregorowicz, Kayla Grunduski, Julie Guenther, Paige Harpring, Erin Keifer, Audra Kinney, Kelly McGee, Amanda Nitzken, Mallory Phillips, Jessica Sievert, Olivia Sievert, Joanna Tarullo, Katia Vela, Rachel Warner, Cindy White and Lauren Wice.
- Bethlehem High School — Jacob Dennerlein, Sydney Hoehler and Andrew Jones.
- DeSales High School — Nicholas Goebel, William Reichert and Gregory Reilly.
- Mercy Academy — Cynthia Beavin, Katelyn Buren, Hannah Elliotte, Catherine Flaugher, Ashley Jefferson, Courtney Ryan and Chau Tran.
- Presentation Academy — Heather Kissel.
- Sacred Heart Academy — Emily Cieslak, Katherine English, Mary Farber, Allyson Fleming, Ana Grandinetti, Alexandra Gutermuth, Victoria Hammond, Elizabeth Kraft, Lydia Pawley, Frances Ramsay, Kathleen Smith, Megan Smith, Mary Stewart, Julia Stough, Mary Watkins and Jacqueline Williams.
- St. Xavier High School — Zachary Amato, Geoffrey Bohn, Brian Elliott, Jonathan Fish, Zachary Flynn, Mitchell Forde, Christopher Gartner, Harrison Kirby, Marshall Makk, John Nolan, Collins O’Brien, Reed Oliver, Cole Pospisil, William Sack, Nicholas Sehlinger, Tanner Thieneman, Robert Thomas, Joseph Tobbe and Logan Wolff.
- Trinity High School — James Bradford, Grant Rohleder, Cody Tranbarger, Emerson Walsh and Evan Winrich.