The Archdiocese of Louisville will offer several “Safe Environment” training workshops in November, December, January and February.
All church employees or volunteers who have contact with children or youth (age 18 and under) for any length of time are required to participate in the two-hour workshop.
The archdiocese requires “Safe Environment” training to ensure “children and youth who worship, study or participate in church-sponsored activities can do so in the safest and most secure setting possible,” according to an announcement from the archdiocese.
The next trainings will begin at 6:30 p.m. on:
– Nov. 11 at Our Lady of Lourdes Church, 508 Breckenridge Lane.
– Dec. 2, Assumption High School, 2170 Tyler Lane.
– Jan. 13, St. GabrielChurch, 5505 Bardstown Road.
– Jan. 27, St. Joseph Church, Bardstown, Ky.
– Feb. 24, St. Paul Church, 6901 Dixie Highway.
More trainings will be scheduled and will be posted at www.archlou.org/safe.
Children under age 16 will not be allowed into the trainings and child care is not provided.