The Catholic Committee on Scouting presented awards and emblems to about 200 Scouts and three adults during its 67th annual prayer service at the Cathedral of the Assumption on Jan. 27.
- Three adult leaders received the St. George Award for outstanding contributions to Catholic scouting in the Boy Scouts of America. They are: Pattie Kay Huber of St. Athanasius Church and Gerard Senn and Larry Thomas of St. Martha Church.
- Nine units received the National Quality Unit Award, Pope Paul VI Recognition: Crew 243 and Troop 243, St. Barnabas Church; Pack 306 and Troop 306, St. Margaret Mary Church; Troop 308, St. Bernadette Church; Crew 366, Pack 366 and Troop 366, St. Athanasius; Troop 765, St. Michael Church.
- Six scouts were recognized for receiving all four Catholic Religious emblems — Light of Christ, Parvuli Dei, Ad Altare Dei and Pope Pius XII. They also received a special pin called the Pillars of Faith. They are: Andrew Wentzel and Paul Walko of Troop 306 at St. Margaret Mary; Daniel Sweeny, Brian Schweinhart and Mason Wuest of Troop 308 at St. Bernadette; and Daniel James of Troop 366 at St. Athanasius.
- The Pope Pius XII Emblem for high school age was presented to Boy Scouts and Venture Crew members in the following units: Troop 67, St. Stephen Martyr Church, Matt Jones, Max Jones, Stephen Lepera and of Alan Weihe; Troop 243, St. Barnabas, Paul Heuser, Ian Berendsen, Brian Cuccella and Matthew Roth; Troop 306, St. Margaret Mary, Paul Walko and Andrew Wentzel; Troop 308, St. Bernadette, Brian Schweinhart, Daniel Sweeney and Mason Wuest; Crew 317, Christ Church United Methodist-St. Margaret Mary, Lindsay Todd; Troop 321, Middletown United Methodist Church, Wilfred and Winston Furtado; Crew 366, St. Athanasius, Kara Cannon, Danielle Connell and Adam Villanova; Troop 366, St. Athanasius, Daniel James; and Troop 765, St. Michael, Greg Flaherty and Matthew Flaherty, Tim Sandfort and Joseph Venezia.
- Thirty-five received Ad Altare Dei Emblems: Troop 71, Epiphany, Harrison Cabral, Mark Johannemann, Zachary Osborne, Logan C. Kleinhaus; Troop 90, Lebanon United Methodist-St. Augustine, Lebanon, Brandon Lee and Michael Richardson; Troop 147, St. Joseph, Bardstown, Adam Carrithers, Frankie Dickerson, Wade Hagan, Wyatt Hagan, Gabe Harper, Alex McDonald, Dylan Salewske, Elijah Starkey, John Thomas, Bryce Elmore, Jarred Harper and Zebediah Miles; Troop 194, St. Martha, Ryan Carlin, Elijah Schultz and Peter Senn; Troop 243, St. Barnabas, Drake Hovsepian, Zach Sheehy, Nick Craven and Christopher Early; Troop 308, St. Bernadette, Fernando Abril, Patrick Letterle and Cameron Luker; Troop 346, St. Gabriel, William Becker and Evan Wilberding; Troop 380, St. Patrick, Ian Cash, Adam Heck, Jack Kirwan, Matthew Michel and Nathan Rummel.
In addition, 69 Cub Scouts received the Parvuli Dei (Children of God emblem), and 66 Cub Scouts received the Light of Christ emblem.