Catholic Cemeteries will host Stations of the Cross during Lent at various cemeteries each Friday at 1 p.m. Stations will be led by children from local schools using the Way of the Cross for Young Christians.
- Stations on Feb. 15 at Calvary Cemetery, 1600 Newburg Road, will begin at the St. Phillip Neri Cross in Section 35. Students from St. Bernard School will host this prayer service.
- Stations on Feb. 22nd will be at St. Louis Cemetery, 1167 Barret Avenue, in the Priest Section behind the flag pole. Students from St. James School will host this prayer service.
- On March 1 stations will be at St. Michael Cemetery, 1153 Charles Street, in the Priest Section. Students from St. Nicholas Academy will host this prayer service.
- On March 8 stations will be at St. John Cemetery, located in the intersection of 26th Street and Duncan Street, with entrance on Duncan Street. Students from St. Martha School will host this prayer service.
- On March 15 stations will return to Calvary Cemetery and begin at the flag pole, near the Newburg Road entrance. Students from St. Agnes School will host this prayer service.
- Archbishop Joseph E. Kurtz will officiate at the service on March 22 at St. Michael Cemetery. The service will begin in the Priest Section. Students from Nativity Academy at St. Boniface and St. Raphael School will help to lead the service.
The walking distance is about 300-400 yards. Stations will be cancelled in the event of severe weather. For more information, call the Catholic Cemeteries Office at 451-7710.