Six St. Xavier High School graduates will be inducted into the Alumni Hall of Honors during a ceremony at the Louisville Marriott East Hotel, 1903 Embassy Square Blvd., on Oct. 17.
The alumni, who will be recognized “for their professional, personal or athletic achievements,” according to the school, are:
- Mark C. Askin, a graduate of the class of 1990, started as an offensive lineman for the University of Kentucky football team for four years.
- Allen F. Stenbock, class of 1968, is CEO and chairman of Whip Mix Corp.
- Stephen E. Mercer, class of 1993, is a member of Bellarmine University’s Athletic Hall of Fame and all-time leading scorer with 1,969 points in his career in basketball.
- Kevin M. Bick, class of 2009, was twice-named Gatorade Kentucky Boys Soccer Player of the Year while at St. Xavier and was a two-time recipient of the state’s Mr. Soccer honors.
- Gary A. Boice, class of 1962, is a retired IBM engineer and co-founder of Tek4Kids, which provides water purification systems and technology to schools in Jérémie, Haiti.
- Jesuit Father Theodore Bowling, class of 1941, is a professor emeritus at the Pontifical Institute for Philosophy and Theology in Pune, India.
The induction ceremony will start at 6 p.m. with a cash bar, followed by dinner and the program at 7 p.m. The cost is $75 and reservations can be made by calling 637-8485 or by visiting www.saintx.com/hall.