Presentation Academy will honor eight women during its 26th annual Tower Awards for Women Leaders Oct. 7. The event will be presented in a special WHAS-11 Great Day Live airing from 1 p.m. to 2 p.m. and then again from 7 p.m. to 8 p.m. on the school’s Facebook page.
The emcee will be journalist and motivational speaker Monica Kaufman Pearson.
The Tower Awards is an event “honoring Louisville women leaders in their fields and highlighting the contributions of these role models to Presentation
Academy students and the Kentuckiana community,” said a press release from the school.
All funds from the event benefit the school’s tuition assistance program. This year’s honorees and their fields are:
- Arts and Communication — Deborah Yetter, reporter for the Courier-Journal.
- Business Technology and Trade — Anna Marshall Workman, a graduate of the class of 2000 and senior director of applications development at UPS.
- Education — Sister of Charity of Nazareth Susan Kilb, a retired Presentation Academy teacher.
- Government and Law — Evon Smith, president and CEO of OneWest.
- Science and Healthcare — Dr. Monalisa Tailor, internal medicine physician at Norton Medical Group and president of the Greater Louisville Medical Society.
- Service and Advocacy — Mildred Menchu-Johnson, a graduate of the class of 2000 and service for community accompaniment at La Casita Center.
- Sister Maria Vincent Brocato, a past president of the Sisters of Charity of Nazareth will receive the Lifetime Achievement Award.
- Carole Moch Baines, a graduate of the class of 1955, a retired judicial secretary and a volunteer at St. Martha Church and Presentation, will be honored with the Mother Catherine Spalding Visionary Award.