Presentation Academy will present its 2012 Tower Awards for Women Leaders during the school’s annual awards dinner Oct. 10 in the ballroom of the Louisville Marriott Downtown, 280 W. Jefferson Street.
The evening will begin with a cocktail reception at 6 p.m. with the dinner and awards ceremony to follow at 7 p.m.
According to a news release from the school, the Tower Awards for Women Leaders event honors “women who are leaders in their fields, and publicizes these role models to Presentation Academy students and the Louisville community.”
The dinner is Presentation’s largest annual fundraiser and all proceeds from the event support tuition assistance. This year’s winners are:
- Paulette Joyce Viviano, a 1960 Presentation graduate and president and chief executive officer of the Paulette J. Viviano Foundation for the Performing Arts. She will be recognized in the Arts & Communications category.
- In Business, Technology & Trade, Marilyn Hinkebein Rueff, a 1958 Presentation graduate and the owner of the Louisville Indoor Racquet Club, will be honored.
- Sister of Charity of Nazareth Anne Rita Mauck, the founder of the DePaul School, will be recognized in the Education category.
- Sadiqa N. Reynolds, the chief community builder in the Office of Mayor Greg Fischer, will be recognized in the Government & Law category.
- In Science & Healthcare, Dr. Kim Alumbaugh, vice president and executive director of the Women’s Health Program at Kentucky One Health, will be honored.
- Marta Maria Miranda, president and chief executive officer of The Center for Women and Families, will be honored in the Service category.
- Lois Taurman, a 1979 Presentation graduate, will be presented the Lifetime Achievement Award.
Tickets may be purchased for $100 each or $1,000 per table of 10. For more information or to purchase tickets, contact Martha Brown Stephenson at 583-5935, ext. 117.