St. Meinrad Archabbey’s pilgrimages to honor the Blessed Mother at the Monte Cassino Shrine have been scheduled for five Sundays in October.
The pilgrimages begin with an opening hymn and a short sermon, followed by a rosary procession. The service ends with the Litany of the Blessed Virgin and a hymn.
Speakers and topics for the pilgrimages are:
- Oct. 2 — Benedictine Father Jeremy King will discuss “Mary, Model of Perseverance.”
- Oct. 9 — Benedictine Archabbot Kurt Stasiak will discuss “Who are My Mother and Brothers and Sisters?”
- Oct. 16 — Benedictine Brother Maurus Zoeller will speak on “Marian Shrines and Pilgrimages.”
- Oct. 23 — Benedictine Father Bede Cisco will present “Mary Among the Disciples.”
- Oct. 30 — Benedictine Father Adrian Burke will discuss “Be it Done Unto Me: On the ‘Virginal Emptiness’ of Mary.”
The services begin at 2 p.m. CDT and the public is invited. The Monte Cassino Shrine is located a mile east of St. Meinrad Archabbey on State Road 62 in St. Meinrad, Ind.
For more information, contact Mary Jeanne Schumacher during business hours at 812-357-6501. For updates on the day of the event, call 812-357-6611.