Archbishop Shelton J. Fabre led a Eucharistic Procession and celebrated Mass Oct. 22 at Our Lady of Fatima Church in Phillipsburg, Ky., to mark the Marion County parish’s 75th anniversary.
According to historical records, Our Lady of Fatima was established in 1948 and the first Mass was celebrated on March 7 in an old school building across the street from where the current church building now sits.
The current building, painted blue like the night sky, was dedicated on Oct. 26, 1949, by Archbishop John A. Floersch.
The church is known for its shrine to Our Lady of Fatima, visited by hundreds of pilgrims over the years.
The parish has more than 50 members. It is clustered with Our Lady of the Hills Church and Our Lady of Perpetual Help Church, in Campbellsville, Ky.