Celebrations of Divine Mercy Sunday are planned at parishes around the Archdiocese of Louisville April 7.
- Divine Mercy Sunday will be celebrated at St. Patrick Church, 1000 N. Beckley Station Road, beginning with Confession from 1:30 p.m. to 3 p.m. and the rosary at 2:30 p.m.
The Divine Mercy Hour will begin at 3 p.m. and will include a history of the feast, veneration of the Divine Mercy image, blessing of water and religious articles, exposition of the Blessed Sacrament, the Divine Mercy Chaplet, Benediction and Mass.
Eucharistic adoration, Confession and Benediction also will be available on April 6 from 7 p.m. to midnight. Presiders will include Fathers Martin Linebach, Daniel Brandenburg, John Stolz and Terry Bradshaw.
- Holy Trinity Church in Fredericktown, Ky., will celebrate the day at 2 p.m. It will include Mass, the Chaplet of Divine Mercy and reconciliation. The celebrant will be Dominican Father Frank Ralph.
- St. Raphael Church, at Bardstown Road and Lancashire Avenue, will celebrate Divine Mercy Sunday beginning at 1 p.m. with Confession. The Divine Mercy Chaplet will be prayed at 3 p.m. and Mass will begin at 3:15 p.m.
- St. Athanasius Church, 5915 Outer Loop, will hold its 16th annual Divine Mercy Sunday celebration beginning with Confession from 1:30 p.m. to 3 p.m. The rosary will be prayed at 2:30 p.m., followed by Mass, eucharistic adoration and the Divine Mercy Chaplet. The celebrants will be Fathers Gary Davis and Lawrence Lindle. Several other priests will also hear confessions.
- Incarnation Church, 2229 Lower Hunters Trace, will celebrate Divine Mercy Sunday with reconciliation beginning at 1:30 p.m., exposition of the Blessed Sacrament, rosary, silent reflection, Scripture, the Divine Mercy Chaplet and Benediction.
- St. Paul Church, 6901 Dixie Highway, will hold Divine Mercy Sunday services beginning at 2 p.m. with reconciliation, followed by exposition of the Blessed Sacrament, the Chaplet of Divine Mercy and eucharistic adoration. Evening prayer will begin at 3:45 p.m. with Benediction at 4 p.m.