Record Staff Report
The Catholic Committee on Scouting held its annual Prayer Service and Emblem Presentation at the Cathedral of the Assumption Jan. 27. Archbishop Joseph E. Kurtz and Father Jeff Gatlin, chaplain for the committee, presided at the service. About 180 Scouts and adult leaders were honored.
Awards were presented to the following:
– Two adult leaders received the Outstanding Service to Catholic Scouting recognition. They are Cathy Berendsen of St. Martin of Tours Church and Patrick Early from St. Albert the Great Church.
– The following Scout troops received the Pope Paul VI Quality Unit Gold Award: Troop 4, St. Agnes Church; Troop 175, St. Edward Church; Troop 243, St. John Paul II Church; Pack 346, St. Gabriel Church; and Pack 266, St. Athanasius Church.
– The following troops receive the Silver distinction: Troop 327, St. Albert; Pack 308, St. Bernadette Church; and Pack 380, St. Patrick Church.
– Sixteen Boy Scouts were recognized for receiving all four Catholic religious em
blems – Light of Christ, Parvuli Dei, Ad Altare Dei and Pope Pius XII.
They are Lucas Connelly, Jackson McArthur, Samuel Stewart, Christian Berendsen, Jackson Tucker, Justin Burch, Will Daunhauer, Will Recktenwald, Parker Shroyer, Scot Cimbalo, Aidan Kolb, James Kramer, A.J. Mangione, Ryan O’Dea, Christopher Stevens and Justin Varga.
– The Pope Pius XII Emblem for high school age Scouts was presented to Boy Scouts in the following units.
Troop 42, St. Raphael Church — Sean Creed (St. Elizabeth Ann Seton Church).
Troop 175, St. Edward – Lucas Connelly, Jackson McArthur and Samuel Stewart.
Troop 243 St. John Paul II, St. Martin of Tours — Christian Berendsen, Kenneth Botner, James Heitkemper and Patrick Heitkemper.
Troop 306, St. Margaret Mary Church — Jackson Tucker.
Troop 327, St. Albert — Justin Burch, Will Daunhauer and Will Recktenwald.
Troop 380, St. Patrick —Scot Cimbalo, Aidan Kolb, James Kramer, A.J. Mangione, Ryan O’Dea, Christopher Stevens and Justin Varga.
– Seventeen Scouts received the Ad Altare Dei awards:
Troop 175, St. Edward — Matthew Jones, Trenton Ludwig and Connor Pellicore.
Troop 306, St. Margaret Mary — Ryan Tucker.
Troop 327, St. Albert — Adam Fish, James Green, Hayden Kappesser and Andy Recktenwald.
Troop 380, St. Patrick — Ryan Benson, Nicholas Heck, Andrew Kros and Braiden Weaver.
Troop 477, St. Aloysius Church — John Daly, Keegan Galloway, Noah Kolb, Andrew Kramer and Danny Mangione.
– In addition, 72 Cub Scouts received the Parvuli Dei (Child of God Emblem) and 69 Cub Scouts received the Light of Christ Award.